instagram

Friday 29 November 2013

How To Get Rid Of Chapped, Wintery, Dry Lips ♡

Hello Everyone 

So the days have certainly became shorter and the weather has most definitely become colder and of course to make matters worse our lips become dry and chapped?! Welcome to WINTER!

To be honest I am normally very lucky when it comes to chapped lips, I don't tend to get dry lips that often but when I do it takes chapped lips to a whole other level! When I sense my lips are starting to feel dry I use my own little remedy to banish the dryness away and I can honestly say it works super quickly - in fact if I do my little remedy at night the next morning I'll wake up and my lips are back to their soft selves just the way I like it!

So I hear you cry what is this home remedy?!

It honestly is the simplest home remedy you can think of and all of the things you'll need I can guarantee you'll already have them - which of course is great for your bank balance. 


ITEMS YOU'LL NEED - 


  • Toothbrush
  • Any type of Oil (Baby oil, almond oil etc.)
  • Your daily facial moisturiser


METHOD -

To begin dampen your lips using warm water and then using a dry toothbrush gently brush over your lips in a circular motion paying attention to the extra dry areas.

Once you've brushed all over your lips gently pat them dry using a towel. Then take your oil and measure a pea sized drop in your palm and with your finger massage the oil into your lips.

Your lips should be quite oily but make sure you've not put too much oil so its dripping from your lips! Wait 10 minutes and then take your normal daily facial moisturiser and using a tiny amount of moisturiser just massage onto your lips over the oil.

Wait for your lips to dry and then they should be silky smooth!

For best results you should try to do this at night just before you go to sleep so the oil and moisturiser can really seep into your lips overnight! 



Hope this helps with those dry lips and make sure you stay nice and wrapped up whilst its cold!


Coat - Zara Buy here
Leggings - Topshop Buy here
Boots - Miss Selfridge Last Season




Let me know if my little remedy works for you or what you guys do instead to get rid of your chapped lips!




Sarena 




No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template