instagram

Thursday 10 July 2014

My Nail Polish Diary by Nails Inc. Review ♡

Hello everyone 

I received a lovely gift from my future mother in law quite a while ago but didn’t get round to trying it out until recently and I thought it would be a really nice product to do a little blog about – My Nail Polish Diary by Nails Inc.







 Firstly I don’t normally tend to wear nail polish as I normally have shellac on my nails so I don’t buy tons of nail polish but when I do I love painting my nails and experimenting with all the different colours, as I normally stick to similar colours when I get my nails done… normally pink.

So the first thing that we must talk about is how gorgeous the packaging is for the nail polish. I love this little box!! The silver glitter is really glamorous yet subtle and the best thing is that the glitter doesn’t flake off which can happen with exposed glitter products. The box seems really strong and of course is lovely to look at so you could definitely use the box for storage etc. There is also a little clasp which closes the lid of the box which makes the box even more practical when carrying the nail polishes around – you won’t have to worry that the polish will accidentally run away!

The only downfall with the packaging is inside the nail polishes are placed in a plastic tray to keep them secure. The plastic can sometimes be quite tricky to pop the nail polishes out so I suggest taking the plastic tray out and then popping the nail polishes out from underneath rather than trying to pull them out.







Now to the actual nail polish….
There are twelve 10ml nail polishes – a colour for every month and a variety of different colours too so all you nail polish lovers will be delighted with the choice of colours!
Nails Inc have said that they ‘hand picked the perfect shades to ensure your nails are looking on trend and fabulous, every month of the year’.







So now for a breakdown of the nail polish colours…


Left - Right BELGRAVIA PLACE, CHESTER, ELECTRIC LANE, FULHAM PALACE GARDENS, KNIGHTSBRIDGE ROAD


Left - Right FLEET STREET, SOUTH KENSINGTON, ST MARTIN’S LANE, SLOANE AVENUE,  BAKER STREET, NOTTING HILL GATE



JANUARY – KENSINGTON CAVIAR
This nail polish is the only clear topcoat in the set and is Nails Inc ‘best selling 45 second dry top coat with wet look finish.’ Firstly this top coat for me isn’t my fav as it took longer than 45 seconds to dry - it was closer to 3 minutes – I possibly put a thicker layer on but I didn’t put that much on for it to make such a difference. I also didn’t really get a ‘wet look finish’ on most of the nail polishes that already had a wet look finish then yes it worked but on the more matte colours it did not work at all. The positive thing that I did find with this topcoat is that it does make the polish last longer especially with the different effect polishes. Without the topcoat the polish on average lasted two-three days without chipping, with the top coat it lasted closer to four days.



FEBRUARY – ST MARTIN’S LANE
This is such a gorgeous colour! It reminds me of Vimto! It is such a deep purple, blackcurrant type of colour and in some light it actually verges on black. A perfect shade for the wintery months and perfect for February! It is a really nice glossy colour too which doesn’t fade once dry. In my opinion it is probably the glossiest colour in the set.

MARCH – BAKER STREET
This stunning cobalt blue is perfect for both summer and winter and I’ve got a feeling this cobalt blue is here to stay! The colour actually looks glossy in the bottle but once applied it looks more matte than glossy. I actually loved this as you can always make it glossy by applying a topcoat!
A great colour and a must have in any nail polish collection!

APRIL – SLOANE AVENUE
You either love it or hate and I LOVE IT! This summery neon coral shade is perfect for the summer months and will look amazing for all those summer festivals! This has to be my favourite shade in the whole set as I love neon nail polish and my go to nail polish colour is pinky coral colours so to have them combined is a definite winner for me!
This has a similar finish to BAKER STREET as it looks glossy in the bottle but once applied dries to more of a matte finish. The downfall with this polish is that it started chipping after the second day and with the caviar top coat on day three.

MAY – FULHAM PALACE GARDENS
Warning this is not edible – but omg it looks so good! This colour reminds me of when I was a little girl and I used to decorate cupcakes with pink icing sugar and then just pile all the sprinkles in a big mess on top which actually always somehow ended up looking pretty good! This colour is such a fun girlie colour that I love! The base colour is a sort of bubblegum pink and then there is a mixture of small and big pieces of glitter in a variety of pastel colours.
This definitely needs at least two coats but I actually used three to get my desired effect. The only downfall with this colour like many of the other glittery type polishes is that it doesn’t tend to last very long. It started chipping on the second day and on the third with the caviar topcoat. It does last weeks on toes though which is always good for those summer pedicures.

JUNE – CHESTER
This is such a fun summery feather effect nail polish! The feather effect really does resemble feathers and the pastel colours of blue, yellow and peach remind me of a beautiful exotic bird - a perfect shade for the summer.
I got so many compliments when I wore this shade! This shade surprisingly lasted quite long too around four days without any topcoat but I did apply three coats to get the effect I wanted. Perfect pedicure colour too which lasted weeks on my tootsies!

JULY – NOTTING HILL GATE
This is another one of Nails Inc best selling shades and of course I can see why! This neon hot pink is sexy and super summery and of course I LOVE IT!
I definitely think you need at least two coats of this polish to get a brighter effect and I personally wouldn’t call it a neon colour, as I don’t think it’s as bright as other neon pinks that I own. This too is similar to BAKER STREET and SLOANE AVENUE as it appears glossy in the bottle but dries more matte, however this does dry to a glossier finish than the other two.
An absolute perfect shade for those summer holidays on both hands and feet!

AUGUST – FLEET STREET
This new leather effect polish in nude is a great little addition to the collection and I really do like both the colour and finish! This polish goes on glossy but dries to a matte leather effect. I constantly stroke my nails when I wear this polish as I love the feeling of the leather effect. It is advised not too wear a topcoat with this polish as it will take away the leather effect but if you like the colour but are not too keen on the leather than apply JANUARY - CAVIAR for a glossier finish. This is a really great everyday polish and it lasted around four days before chipping which is always good!

SEPTEMBER – ELECTRIC LANE
This glittery special effects holographic topcoat is perfect worn alone or adding as a topcoat to jazz up another polish. I prefer this polish worn alone as I love the tiny glitter particles – I always prefer smaller glitter especially in nail polish. The glitter is a silvery colour but in certain light a rainbow of colours emerge from the glitter! A perfect colour for both summer and winter! When I wear it as a base coat I tend to apply three coats just to achieve a full coverage.

OCTOBER – BELGRAVIA PLACE
Another effect polish but this time we have a fibre optic effect polish! The tiny pieces of glitter are similar to the ones that we have already seen in CHESTER but in this fibre optic polish the colours are red and silver creating a more wintery even Christmassy feel. This too can be worn alone or as a topcoat to create an even more eye catching polish effect. I personally prefer this colour as a base coat and I applied three coats to achieve my desired effect. This polish looks gorgeous as a pedicure and lasts forever, it does look just as nice on hands but doesn’t last very long – for me it started chipping after day two…. Still an absolute gorgeous colour perfect for the party season!

NOVEMBER – SOUTH KENSINGTON
This gorgeous foil effect silver polish is perfect for those Christmas parties! I personally am not really a fan of metallic polishes but I actually really love this one! When applying the polish it goes on quite streaky but somehow dries leaving a perfect streak free finish! If you love metallic than you will love this shade as it has a real flawless finish to it that I love! This shade also looks great as a pedicure for summer!

DECEMBER – KNIGHTSBRIDGE ROAD
An apt name for such a glamorous polish which really does reflect the festive and party season with all its glitter! This new gold galaxy effect polish is truly a party in a bottle! The golden glitter base colour is accentuated perfectly by the mixture of big and small glitter particles in rich Christmassy shades – from the emerald green, the ruby red and sapphire blue this polish is the epitome of a party polish! The best bit is that it doesn’t even chip straight away and lasted at least three days. I applied three coats to emphasise the rich colours of all the glitter! An absolute winner!

I hope you guys enjoyed looking through all these gorgeous colours! Have any of you got your hands on this nail polish diary? Or do any of you have a favourite shade?



Sarena 

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template