instagram

Thursday 18 September 2014

THE BODY SHOP VITAMIN E AQUA BOOST SORBET ♡


Hello Everyone 

Today I am reviewing The Body Shop Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet. First things first if you follow my blog you know I absolutely adore the body shop so of course I was delighted when they released the vitamin E moisturiser in a sorbet as I personally prefer the feeling of a gel moisturiser to the normal standard lotion!













So the VITAMIN E AQUA BOOST SORBET is a daily face moisturiser which you should apply to your face and neck as part of your morning skincare routine.


What the body shop has to say about the new VITAMIN E AQUA BOOST SORBET.........

'An instant cooling sensation for all day hydration. This silky-soft moisturiser hydrates and refreshes skin with an ultra-light light formula.
  • Feels like a burst of freshness on skin
  • Quenches skin’s thirst
  • Enriched with wheatgerm oil'
I could't agree more in that it definitely is ultra-light on your skin and has a cooling sensation when applied to the skin which does feel very refreshing however that feeling didn't last very long for me, and after the sorbet absorbed into my skin my face actually felt quite dry and not moisturised. 

Also I didn't think the sorbet absorbed that well into my skin as some of the sorbet flaked off my skin even after thoroughly massaging the sorbet into my skin.






If you're like me and like your skin feeling dewy then this is definitely not for you - however if you have oily skin and like a moisturiser that dries then this is one to try.

What I also didn't like about the sorbet is that when I applied my make up the sorbet would flake creating a flaky finish to my foundation which isn't a good look..

If I'm being honest I was actually quite disappointed with this product as I had high hopes for it being my go to daily moisturiser but sadly with all the flaking it just wasn't meant to be :(








If you're like me and like your skin feeling dewy then this is definitely not for you - however if you have oily skin and like a moisturiser that dries then this is one to try.

What I also didn't like about the sorbet is that when I applied my make up the sorbet would flake creating a flaky finish to my foundation which isn't a good look..

If I'm being honest I was actually quite disappointed with this product as I had high hopes for it being my go to daily moisturiser but sadly with all the flaking it just wasn't meant to be :(


THE PROS 
- Feels super light weight on your skin 
- Dries instantly once absorbed into skin
- When applying onto face it does feel nice and refreshing 

THE CONS
- You have to really work to get all of the sorbet absorbed into your skin
- Isn't that great under make up as the sorbet tends to flake off even after thorough massaging into my face?!
- Dried my skin after a couple of minutes leaving my skin feeling dry rather than moisturised

For now I will stick to the original Vitamin E Moisture Cream as I personally prefer it to the sorbet!

Have you tried the sorbet? If so did you get the same flaky experience?

Sarena 

1 comment:

  1. So much to gain and nothing to lose. Have a look at vitamin k2 mk7 review from testosteroneofficial. testosteroneofficial

    ReplyDelete

blogger template